Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Introducing Per Curiam


This is the last formal picture of the Rehnquist Court. I, Per Curiam, served here.

My name is Per Curiam. I am a brooding omnipresence in every court. On the highest court in the land, my work includes such landmarks as Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444 (1969), and Buckley v. Valeo, 424 U.S. 1 (1976). Usually I am content to serve behind the scenes and to concede the spotlight to my more corporeally capable colleagues. But when things get a little rough, and no individual Justice is willing to deliver the opinion of the Court, who rides to the rescue? Me, Per Curiam.

I am truly grateful to the editors of Ratio Juris for the opportunity to blog on this forum. From time to time I'll offer, as the Ratio Juris mandate commands, my empirical, analytical, and comparative perspectives on judicial decisionmaking and the legal process. Readers who wish to get in touch with me need only send an e-mail message to Ratio Juris's administrative e-mail address. After centuries of tireless judicial service, I very much appreciate this opportunity to make my mark in online legal commentary.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert Justin Lipkin said...

Welcome to Ratio Juris, Per Curiam. I hope your tenure is enjoyable and productive. My only concern is that the mystery of your identity will become as much a preoccupation with the blogging public as "Deep Throat's" identify was to Americans.

11/09/2006 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home